It's been a while and not a lot to show for it unfortunately. The last month has been an absolute mess for me personally and it's eaten up an incredible amount of time.
This new build doesn't have much as far as new content but it does rework the introduction and add a fairly basic questline. Several characters have been given more concrete introductions. I've reworked the combat system, rearranged the map and added some new art assets. I've also done a lot of world building in preparation for writing the rest of the narrative which should help improve update speed once I get some framework finished off.
- Entirely rewritten introduction
- Weather which change descriptions and certain areas
- A proper season and calendar system
- New art assets
- Reworked combat, stats and damage calculations
- Rearranged map
- New enemies with several new scenes
- New conversation option that allows player input
- Damage calculation doesn't work properly due to the use of Ints instead of Floats, this will be fixed in the next build
- Saving and loading the game breaks the map system. I don't know why this happens but it's a huge issue that I have had no success fixing. Until this is fixed I won't be able to make much progress on the narrative or other game elements.